Did you know that Stages Repertory Theatre is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization?
Generous donations from our patrons allow Stages to produce the high quality theatrical experiences you've come to expect from us. Philanthropic support accounts for more than 45% of our annual operating budget. Your support helps Stages engage artists, build sets and costumes, hire designers and guest directors, offer education and community outreach programs, and so much more.
Special opportunities and benefits are available at all levels of involvement:
Become a Friend of Stages
- Invitation to an exclusive annual season launch event
- All of the benefits of Advocate level support
- Invitation to join members of the Board of Directors and other Stages supporters at our annual holiday celebration
- All of the benefits of Supporter level support
- Invitation to a special Masterclass event where you'll get a behind-the-scenes look at the art of creating live theatre
- All of the benefits of Member level support
- Invitation to Stages' annual end-of-season celebration with the artists who make it all possible
- Print recognition in the program for every Stages production
- Subscription to periodic updates from the Artistic and Managing Directors
Be a VIP in the Impresario Circle
The Impresario Circle represents Stages' inner circle. Become a part of the action by joining this important group of supporters who get to know each other through opening night receptions and special events throughout the year.
- Opportunity to sponsor a production - be recognized in print, during the curtain speech before every performance and host a group of your family and friends to celebrate your special support of an organization you love
- All of the benefits of Gold level support
- Invitation to an exclusive annual VIP dinner with the Artistic Director and Stages' closest supporters
- All of the benefits of Silver level support
- Enjoy complimentary priority valet service every time you visit Stages
- Invitation to Impresarios On Stage - you and your fellow Impresarios bring to life a moment from a play on stage
- All of the benefits of Bronze level support
- This is where the fun begins! Join your fellow Impresarios for a private reception before each opening night performance
- Personal VIP ticketing concierge service - access to the best seats
- All of the benefits of Friends of Stages support
- Your very own personalized access pin code for the exclusive Lancaster Lounge. You are welcome and encouraged to enjoy the Lancaster Lounge before performances and during intermission at The Gordy.
Make an Impact in the Leadership Circle
As a member of the Leadership Circle, your support has the greatest impact on Stages' work. At this level, we work closely with you to ensure your Stages experience is everything you would like it to be. Let us know what's important to you and we'll partner to make it possible - from production and artist sponsorship to entertainment and hospitality opportunities. Your leadership is helping shape the future of Stages Repertory Theatre and the performing arts in Houston.
How your gift helps
Stages Repertory Theatre produces a varied, year-round season of theatre including a full spectrum of experiences, from progressive new works by emerging playwrights to popular jukebox musicals featuring music you know and love.
Additionally, Stages’ Young Actors Conservatory, a full-time summer conservatory program for young theatre artists, is offered completely free of charge for participants. With guidance from professional artists as faculty, young high school students receive training in areas including acting, directing and playwriting, as well as theatre production and design.
Your investment in Stages makes programs like these possible!
Development and Communications Director